We are living in unprecedented times. More than likely, your current focus is on just surviving and getting through the day. Protecting your family and even teaching your kiddos at the kitchen table are your main priorities.
But let’s remember, women have always been creative innovators when it comes problem solving. So give yourself a break, and put together a virtual spa day for yourself. Yup — you can even invite your friends!
When you combine a little DIY, some luxe products, and some sorely needed “me time,” you’ll be surprised with the results you can get in three easy steps!
Step 1: Choose Your Spa Day Mood
What do you want your spa day to look like? What tone do you want it to take — upbeat or super chill? Depending on your answer, you’ll be able to choose your perfect playlist.
The mood you choose will also help you decide if you should ask your girls to join you for some virtual vibes. You might want to “invite them over” through an app like Zoom or Facebook. After all, one of the fantastic benefits of having a spa day is the shared experience with your squad.
Whether you’re looking for some alone time with a drum circle in the background or a high-energy girls’ night with electronic music, you’ll be set.
Step 2: Choose Your DIY Ingredients
Note: Before using and creating a DIY treatment, make sure you have no allergies or sensitivities to the ingredients.
When I was in high school, I found a book that probably belonged to either my mom or grandmother from the 1960s titled “Nature Takes Care of Us” or something like that. Inside, I found numerous ingredients you can find in your pantry or refrigerator that also double as beauty tools.
Little did I know I had the ingredients I needed for a perfect DIY spa day hiding in my parents’ kitchen. Chances are you do, too. So take a stroll into your kitchen and peek in your fridge for some foods to make these beauty recipes.
- Cook up some oatmeal with milk (like you would for eating), and grab some natural honey.
- Apply a layer of honey to your face, and then add the oatmeal over it.
- Relax for 15 minutes.
- Wash it all off with a warm washcloth.
- Enjoy the healing amino acids from the oatmeal and the natural cleansing properties of the honey!
- Smash 3 or 4 medium/large strawberries with a fork.
- Add 1-3 tablespoons of honey.
- Optional: Add 1 tablespoon of oil (almond, jojoba, grapeseed, or extra-virgin olive oil) and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Relax while the vitamin C-packed strawberries and antibacterial honey treat your skin to some natural cleansing. The oil and lemon juice will add some moisture to stressed-out faces.
- Wash off after about 15 minutes with warm water.
- After making your morning coffee, grab your grounds, and put them in a bowl.
- Add warmed coconut oil to your grounds, and mix until the mixture is spreadable.
- Rub the scrub over your body, including your arms and legs.
- Chill while chatting with your girl gang via Zoom for about 30 minutes.
The grounds are great for getting rid of dead skin cells, and the smell of coffee is truly invigorating.
- Grab a beer that has gone flat (perhaps left open from the night before).
- After washing your hair with your favorite shampoo, grab that beer, and massage it into your scalp.
- Rinse your hair, then blow. You may notice your hair is a bit shinier due to the silica in the hops. If you have an oily scalp, you may see some improvement here as well.
- Feel free to experiment with apple cider vinegar and yogurt. Both ingredients are known to help strengthen hair and add some shine.
Step 3: Incorporate Your Little Luxuries
Treating yourself to luxury products is important, too! (And of course, they will probably assist with your DIY results.)
- High-quality products, especially from the Isagenix Rejuvity® skincare line, will help give your skin a boost and provide synergistic care.
- Essential oils will help relax you and fill your at-home spa with clean, fresh, and calming scents. A diffuser will keep the vibe flowing all day or night long!
- Ready for a luxurious snack? Our IsaDelight® Super-Chocolate will give you a green tea boost and let you indulge guilt-free.
Don’t forget the best luxury of all — some “me time.” The kids can enjoy a TV show or video game while you beautify and pamper yourself. You earned it!