Satisfy Your Cravings
Did you know that sugar is found in almost all types of food, including those that are seemingly healthy, like bread, yogurt, salad dressing, and ketchup? So, even if you’re trying to limit your daily sugar intake, you may unknowingly be fighting an uphill battle.
Fortunately, there are ways to help deal with sugar cravings. We spoke with Gillean Barkyoumb, Isagenix product education manager and registered dietitian, who shared a few tips to help you make better choices when that sweet tooth hits.
5 Health Tips
1) Eat every three to four hours. This helps make sure you are fueling your body and not getting pulled into temptations when you are low on energy.
2) Drink water. Sometimes hunger can be confused with thirst. If you find yourself heading to the pantry but are unable to pick out a snack that sounds good, you may just need to hydrate.
3) Don’t stress. Stress can cause you to crave unhealthy, overly sweetened foods. Instead, recognize times of stress, and consciously choose to fuel your body with nutritious snacks and meals.
4) Get plenty of sleep. If you are sleep deprived, your body lacks energy, which triggers you to crave sugary foods.
5) Give in to cravings every once in a while. The goal is to make a better choice by practicing portion control or pairing your sweet treat (like an IsaDelight®) with healthy food, such as a few almonds and blueberries.
A Balanced Meal Replacement
IsaLean® Shake is a nutritious, balanced meal replacement clinically tested to promote effective, healthy weight loss and lean muscle building. It contains energy-fueling carbohydrates, good fats, vitamins and minerals, and 24 grams of high-quality protein. It also features:
- A superior branched-chain amino acid profile.
- Active enzymes to help ease digestion.
- Essential trace minerals.
- Natural ingredients.
- No artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
- No trans fat.
IsaLean Shake is available in delicious flavors including Creamy Dutch Chocolate, Creamy French Vanilla, Strawberry Cream, Chocolate Mint, and Peach Mango.