As Isagenix users, we love our IsaLean® Shakes. They are an ideal meal replacement and a tasty, nutritious alternative to many quick, mealtime options.
Mix It Up
Every once in a while, it’s fun to mix up our shakes with a little extra pizazz. From berries to oats or peanut butter to cocoa, there are more benefits to adding these superfoods to your shakes than just delicious taste. We have come up with four ways to incorporate superfoods when mixing up your Isagenix shakes.
1. If you’re looking to boost your performance, a protein-packed meal is ideal. We recommend using IsaLean PRO if you’re an athlete or looking for ways to keep up your strength during a strenuous workout. For more ways to ensure you’re powered up for your workout, try adding one or more of these to your shake:
- Peanut butter or nuts: To add even more protein and great flavor, we recommend complementing your shake with one of these.
- Flaxseed or chia seeds: As excellent sources of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, these seeds aid in helping to manage food cravings while helping to keep up your strength!
- Oats: Long touted as a health food, oats provide extra complex carbohydrates and fiber that makes for a fun texture.
- A milk substitute of your choice (dairy, almond, etc.) instead of water can boost the calcium and protein content—this is also great for kids!
- Cocoa: Often overlooked as a nutritious food option, cocoa is a potent antioxidant and is highly nutritious.
2. Including nutrient-rich fruits in your diet helps keep your body nourished. It is also one of our favorite ways to liven up IsaLean and IsaLean PRO Shakes. Keep in mind, freezing any of these fruits helps keep up your shake’s creamy texture. Frozen fruits are even a great substitute for ice when thickening shakes. Here’s a list of some of our favorite options:
- Mixed berries: A source of fiber and antioxidants.
- Oranges: Loaded with Vitamin C for immune support.
- Bananas: Full of potassium, which will help you meet daily needs for this important electrolyte in the body.
- Kiwis: One of the most nutrient-rich fruits and low in calories.
- Lemons: Good for your health in many ways and high in antioxidants.
- Mangos: Contain nutrients that benefit skin for “inside-out” nutrition.
3. Don’t forget: Putting vegetables in your shake is a definite plus! There’s a reason we are told from a young age to include plenty of vegetables in our diet. Nutrient dense and full of essential vitamins, vegetables are a great, guilt-free option for your shake. Try one of these:
- Kale: Provides lutein and zeaxanthin, two nutrients known to benefit eye health.
- Spinach: Popeye had good taste for good reason, as spinach is rich in iron and a whole host of vitamins and minerals.
4. Include other Isagenix products:
- Replenish™: Replenish is designed to provide electrolytes and nutrients to keep you hydrated. Adding a serving to your shake is a great way to start hydrating right away. Replenish is also ideal to fuel your workouts.
- Isagenix Greens™: Greens is a beneficial superfood for your shake and is an easy way to get in antioxidants from vegetables, along with 3 grams of fiber. For those of you who aren’t a fan of veggies in your shakes, the delicious pineapple and citrus additions make Greens a tasty and convenient option for you.
- Ionix® Supreme: Ionix Supreme is filled with Adaptogens, which are natural botanicals that have unique characteristics that help your body combat stress, focus your mind, and elevate your daily performance. Start your day off right by adding a scoop of Ionix to your morning shake.
Keep your body nourished by mixing up your shakes with some of these superfoods! Also, visit IsaProduct.com for more information on Isagenix solutions to incorporate into your healthy lifestyle.