Summer is finally here, which means it’s the perfect time of year to play volleyball at the beach, swim in the pool, and explore the great outdoors. But, those hot sunny days can make it challenging to stay properly hydrated. Drinking fluids is crucial to staying healthy and maintaining the function of every system in your body, including your heart, brain, and muscles, according to Harvard Medical School.
How much water does your body really need to stay hydrated? Experts say healthy people need approximately 30 to 50 ounces of water throughout the day. Here are some tips to stay hydrated from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Carry a water bottle for easy access when you are at work or running errands.
- Freeze some freezer-safe water bottles, and take one with you for ice-cold water all day long.
- Choose water instead of sugar-sweetened beverages. It can help with weight management! Substituting water for one 20-ounce sugar-sweetened soda will save you about 240 calories.
- Choose water when eating out. Generally, you will save money and reduce calories.
- Add a wedge of lime or lemon to your water to improve the taste and help you drink more water than you usually do.
Try These Delicious Recipes
To celebrate National Hydration Day, Sunday, June 23, we put together some fun, festive, and fruity summer drink recipes that not only look cute and taste great but also quench your thirst. So, grab your sunglasses and sunscreen, and soak up every last drop of summer!
To kick off the official start of summer, we’ll be posting a new drink recipe each week. Check back often, and don’t forget to follow Isagenix on Facebook and Instagram for the complete summer drink recipe library.
Week 1: Summer Drink Recipe — Hydrate Coolers
Week 2: Summer Drink Recipe – Later Gator
Week 3: Summer Drink Recipe – Mermaid Protein Shake