In the world of health and wellness, I often find that coffee gets a bad reputation, especially when weight loss is involved. In the past, there has been conflicting information as to whether coffee belongs in a healthy lifestyle.
However, scientific studies on coffee have shown that the drink can assist with your ability to stick with your weight loss goals.
Coffee is also proving helpful for anyone trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle, whether they’re trying to lose or maintain weight, deal with hunger, or improve their athletic performance. This is particularly true when you use Isagenix Coffee as part of your regular Isagenix Shake Days and Cleanse Days.
Choosing the Right Coffee
There are two places where most people go wrong when it comes to their coffee consumption:
Mistake 1: Choosing a low-quality brand.
When it comes to quality, Isagenix Coffee is unparalleled, from the sourcing and gentle processing of the beans to the targeted ingredients. Green tea, medium-chain triglycerides from coconut oil, and trace minerals are added to enhance the coffee drinking experience.
The quality and testing of coffee was something I never paid attention to until I read a study published in the journal Food Control indicating that mycotoxin contamination could be widespread in commercially available coffee. Thorough testing for contaminants such as mycotoxins and mold is just one the quality assurance measures that comes with the Isagenix commitment to no-compromise quality.
Mistake 2: Adding the wrong ingredients.
I love a fancy coffee drink just as much as the next person, but so often, creamers and coffee shop additions are laden with excess calories, sugars, and artificial ingredients. These ingredients transform a nearly calorie-free, healthful beverage into something that can work against your weight loss goals.
Making more nutritious additions like IsaPro® or AMPED™ Tri-Release Protein as suggested in the recipes below is the easiest way I have found to add flavor and good nutrition to my daily coffee.
Below you will find the recipes of some of my favorite coffee drinks!
3 Delicious, Healthy Coffee Recipes
Social media trends aren’t always worth the hype. After giving the latest trend — whipped or dalgona coffee — a try, I found this was not the case! With the right equipment and ingredients, it’s fairly easy, delicious, and totally Instagram-worthy.
I made a few key modifications to the popular recipe floating around the internet, such as removing the added sugar and adding in IsaPro Plant-Based Protein. I have totally fallen in love with this trend and made it a regular addition to my Shake Days. Following the recipe below, this whipped coffee is the perfect Shake Day snack that tastes like a treat while providing a caffeinated pick-me-up!
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop plant-based Vanilla IsaPro
- Combine the instant coffee and hot water in a bowl.
- Using an electric stand or hand mixer, whip vigorously for 5 minutes or until your coffee becomes nice and fluffy.
- In your IsaShaker™ cup, add almond milk and IsaPro. Shake until combined.
- Pour over ice, and top with the fluffy whipped coffee. Enjoy!
Isagenix Cold-Brew Coffee
There is more than one way to turn your Isagenix Coffee grounds into a rich and refreshing cold-brew concentrate! Whether you choose to use an official cold-brew machine or French press or follow my equipment-free instructions below, you will get the same high-quality iced cold-brew coffee.
The recipe below is designed to make 1 cup of Isagenix cold-brew coffee. If you drink more coffee or want a larger batch to last you a few days, use a 4-1 ratio of water to Isagenix Coffee, and adjust the amounts to best suit your lifestyle.
What you will need:
- 2 serving containers (pitcher or single-serve glass)
- Coffee filter or cheesecloth
- ¼ cup Isagenix Coffee grounds
- 1 cup water
- Add the coffee and water to your container, and mix to combine. Cover with plastic wrap or another sealing mechanism.
- Set out at room temperature for about 12 hours.
- Place the colander overtop your second container with the coffee filter or cheesecloth inside.
- Slowly pour your cold brew into the colander so it is filtered by the coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Storage: Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Note: This recipe makes a very strong cold brew. Dilute with ice to reach the strength of coffee you prefer.
Mocha Protein Iced Coffee
Adding one of our pure protein supplements to iced or hot coffee is one of the easiest ways to add delicious flavor and quality nutrition to your coffee beverage. For example, you can add 1 scoop of Vanilla IsaPro or AMPED Tri-Release Protein to hot coffee (a hand mixer is recommended) to create a delicious hot vanilla latte.
My favorite chocolaty, protein-rich afternoon snack is detailed below!
- 1 scoop Chocolate Milk Flavor AMPED Tri-Release Protein or Chocolate IsaPro
- 12 oz Isagenix cold-brew coffee (see recipe above)
- In the cup of a blender bottle, add cold-brew coffee and Isagenix protein of choice.
- Shake vigorously until protein is completely mixed into coffee.
- Serve over ice with a straw, and enjoy!
Note: Take this recipe to the next level by blending it with ice to create a nutritious frappe.