On the eve of Kelly’s 54th birthday, she decided that was the year she was going to take her life back. She started her Isagenix journey and vowed that she would start living the life she deserved. Now, four IsaBody Challenges later, she’s an IsaBody Challenge® Finalist and couldn’t be happier with how far she’s come.
By the end of her third Challenge, Kelly had reached the goal weight she set for herself at the beginning of her journey. So, ready to start her fourth Challenge, she set some new goals.
“My new challenge to myself was to have the mindset and the body of an IsaBody™ Finalist!” she said. “Now, I don’t know exactly what the guidelines for that are, but for me, it was to live out of my comfort zone and to try new things. I wanted to be comfortable enough to live my everyday life knowing I had this ‘healthy living thing’ under control.”
Kelly wanted to learn how to juggle her busy schedule to allow time for family, fun, and exercise, and she wanted to transform her now slender body into one of lean feminine muscle.
“Do I think I’ve accomplished all of this? Heck no, but that’s why it’s called a journey!” said Kelly. “The one thing I do know is that I’ve done super well so far, and I am well on my way to creating the best version of myself I can be!”
Get to Know Kelly
We asked this IsaBody Challenge Finalist a few questions about her success, and here’s what we found out:
I: What’s your best advice for someone who is doing the IsaBody Challenge for the very first time?
- Join the IsaBody community! Everyone is going to have days with setbacks or days when they just feel like they can’t go on. The IsaBody community offers inspiration and support for everyone! It’s one family with one goal, which is to help each other succeed on the journey to a healthy lifestyle.
- Share your goals with everyone around you whether it be family, friends, or co-workers. They will all help you along the way when they know how much the journey means to you!
- Last but not least, take pictures! People are going to tell you how wonderful you look, but if you have self-doubt, check it out for yourself! The truth is in the picture.
I: What is your morning routine that gets you ready for success and the day ahead?
K: My morning routine starts before I even go to bed. I pull up the IsaLife™ app and punch in my meals, vitamins, and water intake for the next day. Next, I pack my Isagenix bag with everything I’ll need for my busy day at work. Knowing what you’re going to eat and when you are going to eat it is half the battle, especially when you work in the fast-food industry, which is why Isagenix is so great to follow!
At 4 a.m., I wake, say morning grace, dress, and head to my office. Once there, I do squats and lunges while drinking my morning cocktail – Isagenix Greens™ and apple cider vinegar – and reading my morning emails. Then it’s off to the restaurants to start my day!
I: What kept you going in moments when you wanted to give up or slack off?
K: Remembering why I started this journey in the first place and reflecting on specific incidences that made me determined to take my life back. If reflecting on those moments or checking the IsaBody Challenge Facebook page for inspiration doesn’t work, I strap on the weight I lost in pounds and hit the stairs. Wearing a weighted vest, two sets of ankle weights, and carrying two 20-pound dumbbells up and down the steps puts things into perspective really fast!
I: Now that you’ve changed your life with the IsaBody Challenge, we heard you’re working on a bucket list of things you want to do this year. Do you mind sharing a few you’re most excited about?
K: Of course! I created this bucket list of things I wanted to do this year, things that I was too overweight or too afraid to do in the past. Now, I have the “Isa power” in me, and I’m ready to check these off my list one by one!
So far, I’ve completed quite a few, including:
- Walk in the Cooper Ridge River Run 10K race while my son, Colby, and his fiancé run it – I ended up running, too!
- Climb to the top of Torrey Pines with my daughter and plank while overlooking the ocean.
- Take my grandchild, Thea, on walks each week so she learns the joy of the great outdoors.
- Become an IsaBody Finalist!
And I still have many left on my list:
- Go 4-wheeling as a driver.
- Wear shorts in public (I have a plan).
- Take a long, deserved vacation with my husband, Mike (I was thinking Paris, but Costa Rica will work!).
- Build my Isagenix business – I’m working on it!
I: Is there anything special about your IsaBody Challenge journey that you would like to share?
K: Something I’m very proud of is through this journey, I have proven that you can successfully complete the Isagenix System while working in the fast-food industry. For years, I used my job as an excuse to make unhealthy eating choices. Now, I make it a game to find the best option and help my team with their nutritional goals, too. It goes to show you can find healthy alternatives anywhere if you’re dedicated to a healthy lifestyle.
Inspired by Kelly’s incredible story? To try this amazing 16-week Challenge and discover how you can transform your life, visit IsaBodyChallenge.com.
Results not typical. Weight loss, muscle gain, lifestyle, and other results depicted here reflect exceptional individual experiences of Isagenix Customers and should not be construed as typical or average. Results vary with individual effort, body composition, eating patterns, time, exercise, and other factors, such as genetic and physiological makeup. In a study performed in 2012 by University of Illinois at Chicago researchers, subjects lost an average of 9 pounds with an average of 2 pounds of the loss from visceral fat after 30 days on an Isagenix System. The subjects also had a greater level of adherence and had more consistent weight loss from week to week compared to subjects on a traditional diet. View the study results.