Today is Earth Day, which means it’s the perfect time to think about how you can celebrate, support, and preserve our environment, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but also to ensure good health for ourselves and the ones we love.
Millions of people are aligning with Earth Day Network to do just that. This organization is committed to year-round projects, programs, and campaigns that support environmental conservation and protection, climate activism and advocacy, and the advancement of the green economy.
You Can Help Save Planet Earth
Looking for ways to improve our planet? Here are 10 small things you can do that will make a big difference:
- Walk, bike, or carpool with a friend to work.
- Plant a tree.
- Stop using plastic water bottles.
- Opt for reusable grocery bags.
- Save paper by paying your bills online.
- Switch to glass instead of plastic.
- Grow your own fruits and vegetables in a garden.
- Volunteer with a local nonprofit organization like Keep America Beautiful, and participate in a community cleanup day.
- Learn about more ways to recycle.
- Reduce waste.
The Isagenix Impact
At Isagenix, we are working hard to improve the planet through sustainable packaging and ethical sourcing for all our products. Our goal is to only use packaging that is recyclable, compostable, reusable, or made of recycled materials and to achieve zero waste by 2028.
Most recently, we’ve made the following changes:
- IsaBiome™ boxes are made from post-consumer recycled (PCR) paperboard.
- Isagenix shipping boxes have been consolidated, and new, smaller boxes are available to better accommodate the size of products.
- The number of plastic air pillows in shipping boxes has been reduced.
Additional changes include last year’s transition to 100% PCR plastic for IsaLean® Shake and IsaPro® canisters. The next products to transition will be 32-ounce Ionix® Supreme and Cleanse for Life®. You’ll know we’ve made a sustainable change to the packaging when you see the green leaf symbol on it.
Other Sustainability Efforts
We also have several other ongoing sustainability efforts at Isagenix:
- Our high-concentration omega-3 oil product, IsaOmega™, is formulated with sourced fish oil from anchovies and sardines that meets the certification requirements of Friend of the Sea. This certification confirms that target stocks are not overexploited and that there is no impact on the seabed, no bycatch of endangered species, and a gradual reduction of carbon footprint.
- We seek out ingredient suppliers who demonstrate a focus on sustainability. These include suppliers of important ingredients like botanicals, natural sweeteners and flavors, and vitamins and minerals.
- Our corporate office is LEED certified for its exterior. LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification is a globally recognized symbol of sustainability.
- Installed on parking structures in 2018, our solar panels are expected to provide approximately 475,000 kilowatt-hours of renewable energy annually,* allowing clean energy to power nearly one-fourth of our world headquarters.
Happy Earth Day!
*Based on average energy production from June 2018-January 2019 and projected energy production from February 2019-June 2019.