While there’s plenty we don’t love about staying home thanks to COVID-19, there’s so much good coming out of it, too. With Independence Day coming up, it got me thinking — I’ve sure loved having this time at home where I can be free to be me. And from what I’ve seen on the news and social media, there are a lot of others out there embracing this time, too.
Whether you dyed your hair blue, have exclusively worn sweatpants, or cut your own bangs, that’s the beauty of being free to do YOU, 100% of the time. So let’s celebrate that this Fourth of July and not let it stop once quarantine is over.
5 Tips for Total Self-Acceptance
Here are some tips to help you always stay true to yourself:
- Accept yourself for who you are.
- Identify negative self-talk, and practice stopping yourself from engaging in it.
- Celebrate your strengths, and be forgiving of your weaknesses.
- Let go of what others think of you, and direct your attention inward.
- Stop apologizing for how you look on virtual meetings; you are present and aware, and that is a victory.
First and foremost, do what makes you feel good, and the rest will fall into place.
Now, let’s celebrate. And of course, celebrate our country’s independence, too! To get started, try this delicious and festive recipe:
Nature Oat Bakes Skewers
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced banana
- 2 Nature Oat Bakes™, quartered
- 4 miniature bamboo skewers
Thread Nature Oat Bakes pieces and fruit onto bamboo skewers. Enjoy!