**Note the Natural Oatmeal Raisin IsaLean Bar has been discontinued**
Struggling with a picky child? Odds are, you’re not alone! Between texture, taste and simply a desire to assert their own “free will,” it’s tough to get the good stuff into your kid’s daily nutrition.
Good news! Many Isagenix® products are the perfect supplement for your kid’s nutrition! So, if Johnny snubs his nose at broccoli during dinner or Jane really doesn’t want to eat chicken, you have a few choices you can add to their routine to make sure they’re making up for some of the nutrients they’re likely missing.
Here are five nutrients your children should be getting daily and a few tips to help you add more nutrition to their daily routine:
1. Protein. Their bones are growing and so are their brains so protein is a critical component for their future. Add half of a protein-rich Creamy Dutch Chocolate IsaLean® Shake to their after-school routine or hand them half of a Chocolate Cream Crisp or Natural Oatmeal Raisin IsaLean Bar before they head to their sports practice to feed their bodies the nutrition they need while giving them the yummy flavors they crave.
2. Fruits. Sometimes it’s hard to fit 3-5 servings of fruit into a kid’s daily nutrition routine. For those “tough” days, mix a scoop of IsaFruits® into juice, shake it up in a bottle of water, or toss it in to your child’s Creamy French Vanilla IsaLean Shake. Just one scoop is equal to the antioxidant power of 33 superfruits that were cold pressed to maintain their nutritional integrity.
3. Greens. Since the dawn of time it seems like kids have found a way around eating their vegetables. With cold and flu season quickly approaching, making sure they get enough healthy, dark, leafy greens is critical for boosting their immune systems. If they’re not getting the recommended daily servings, as shared on ChooseMyPlate.gov, consider adding a scoop of Isagenix Greens!™ to their water or IsaLean Shake for a refreshing, healthy boost. The mix contains antioxidant-rich ingredients such as ginkgo biloba leaf, green tea extract and grape seed extract to help fight off free radicals, which can potentially endanger your cells and weaken your immune system.
4. Fiber. Good health begins with a healthy digestive tract. By ensuring your child’s intestinal flora are at a right balance, you will be setting their immune system up for success. If they’re struggling to eat whole grains as recommended, try incorporating one FiberSnacks!™ bar. Featuring prebiotic soluable fiber and insoluable fiber along with drizzles of chocolate or the crunch of almonds, this gluten-free, tasty treat takes care of your concerns while feeding their tummies with exactly what they need. FiberSnacks! are available in Peanut Chocolate Chew or lunch box-approved, peanut-free Honey Almond Crisp.
5. Zinc. One of the best ways to keep your child’s immune system strong is making sure that zinc is incorporated into your kid’s nutrition. Zinc is an essential mineral that is naturally present in some foods, but we’re often lacking the amount our bodies truly need to function at their utmost. Just a few sprays of Isamune® with Zinc before your kids head out the door for school will give them one more way to get their daily intake if they somehow missed the memo about consuming chocolate, pumpkin, squash and other zinc-rich foods every day. The formula also features Reishi mushrooms, bovine colostrum, delivering immunity support with immunoglobulins, proline-rich polypeptides, and lactoferrin. Together, these proteins act to provide super-enhanced support to your immune system.
To learn more about the kid-friendly products available through Isagenix, take a look at our Allergens & Ages Table.