Ask any millennial, and they’ll tell you that their favorite social media outlet is Instagram. With more than 300 million active users, this underrated but highly used social media outlet is solely for visual content.
A great way to prospect—especially for START members—Instagram makes it easy to share Isagenix transformations and successes.
Here are some first steps to help get you started:
- To Start Using Instagram: Go to the app store on your device, and download the Instagram app. Once downloaded, open the app and pick a username that clearly represents you and is similar to your Twitter handle (e.g. @Isagenix) if you have one.
- Filling in Your Profile: Once your account is set up, click the far right bottom icon, then “Edit Your Profile” to add a photo, biography, and link to Isagenix or your website.
- Link Your Account: To set up sharing photos on Facebook or Twitter, click the far right bottom icon then the top right icon for the “Options” screen. After, scroll down to “Settings,” and click “Linked Accounts.” This will allow you to:
- Share photos to other platforms, including your Facebook page.
- Let your Facebook friends find you easily on Instagram.
- Build Your Network: Let your social media followers on other platforms know that you’re on Instagram. Within the app, use the search function to identify people you’d like to follow. There will be suggested profiles to follow and you can also search by topic or hashtag. From your profile screen, click the top right icon for your “Options” where you can also find friends from Facebook or Twitter, and invite friends to connect.
- Posting Content: To post a photo on Instagram, simply click the camera icon on the bottom center of your screen inside the Instagram app. You then can either decide to take a photo or video from the app’s camera, or upload a previously taken photo from your device’s albums.
- Using Filters: Instagram provides a number of filters to change the look and feel of your photos. Browse through the options, and choose what you’d prefer for your photos. Lo-fi and Valencia are examples of two of the top filter choices by brands.